We are looking for a strong and enthusiastic chief technology officer (CTO) to lead a diverse group of around 30 developers and other technical team members from the Kuala Lumpur office. Therefor you must be willing to relocate to Kuala Lumpur.
You should have more than five years of experience as a team lead or in other technology leadership roles delivering commercially successful products. You should be a hacker with good commercial sense and managerial skills. You should also be a strategic decision maker who can produce creative solutions by taking into considerations any trade-offs.
You will have a chance to build products and programs that respond to tens of millions of impressions every hour, develop retargeting algorithms and manage telecommunication services with users all around the world.
What will you be doing?
- Build a team that focuses on delivering value
- Be a champion of change in our evolving organization, upgrade everything from processes, technology stack to products, teams and people
- Challenge the team and drive innovation
- Boost collaboration in tech team and among other departments
- Establish a learning culture in the company. Encourage individual colleagues to take better ownership and to always learn and incorporate smarter solutions
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision making throughout the company
- Be a guide and mentor to the team
- At least 5 years hands-on development experience
- Web technologies
- Cloud computing and AWS
- Deep understanding of SQL and Nosql databases and data analysis
- Strong knowledge in PHP, Hack, NodeJS
- Big Data technologies like Spark
- Managing millions of requests an hour in real-time systems using queues
- Experienced with communication technology stack: Elixir and Erlang
- A competitive salary and an attractive bonus scheme
- Help and compensation for relocation to Kuala Lumpur
- Freedom and budget to travel, attend conferences, workshops and training
- As our CTO you will have the opportunity to shape the IT organization
- Initiate and be involved in new technology and new business initiatives